Your NY State Medical Marijuana Provider
NP Medical Cannabis is a professional group of Nurse Practitioners (NPs) with specific expertise in pain management and palliative care who use cannabis to treat a variety of chronic and debilitating diseases.
Links to New York State Department of Health Medical Marijuana resources:
Be evaluated at home or in our office.
Same day appointments in most cases!
Get your prescription and visit a dispensary the same day!
Consultations are confidential
If you qualify for the program, the cost is $300 for initial prescription (Rx valid for 1 year and must be renewed after 1 year)
Prescription renewal is $100 (for each additional year)
$50 Veteran discount
Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts (FSA and HSA) accepted
- PTSD (new)
- Opiate Dependance (new)
- Chronic Pain
- Parkinson's Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Spinal Cord injuries/disease
- Huntington's Disease
Appointments (including telemedicine)
Please fill out the form below to be contacted for an evaluation. Enter the information EXACTLY how it is displayed on your NY State ID (if applicable)
REGISTRATION PROCESS AFTER EVALUATION IS COMPLETE
- Once certified, patients must login to https://my.ny.gov/. Patients who do not have an NY.gov account will need to click the "Don't have an Account?" button to create a personal NY.gov ID first. For step-by-steps instructions on how to create a My.NY.gov account, click here for instructions.
- Click the "Health Applications" icon, and then click the "Medical Marijuana Data Management System" link to register For step-by-step instructions on how to register as a patient or caregiver, select the "HELP" link within the Medical Marijuana Data Management System or click here for instructions.
Patients will be required to provide proof of their identity and residency during the application process. Click here for additional information regarding required documentation.
Pursuant to the Compassionate Care Act there is a $50 application fee; the Department is currently waiving the $50 fee for all patients and their designated caregivers. Simply select "Bill Me Later" when registering and the application fee will be waived.
- Patients may designate up to two caregivers during the registration process. After the patient's registration is processed, the designated caregiver(s) must then register with the Department using the same online system described in number 2 above.
- Once a patient or caregiver's registration is processed, the Department will mail a registry identification card (ID card) directly to the patient or caregiver. Registrations expire when the certification that was issued by the practitioner expires.
- Patients must bring their registry ID cards and their certifications to a registered organization's dispensing facility in order to purchase approved medical marijuana products. Designated caregivers obtaining medical marijuana on behalf of their patients must bring their caregiver registry identification cards and their patients' certifications to the dispensing facility.
Other Important Registration Information:
- Certified patients and designated caregivers must always carry their registry ID card whenever they possess approved medical marijuana products.
- Medical marijuana products may not be transported outside of New York State.
- New York State does not accept certifications or registry ID cards from other states.
- A certified patient or designated caregiver who has been issued a registry ID card must notify the Medical Marijuana Program of any change in his or her name, address, or if he or she no longer has the serious condition noted on the card within ten (10) business days of such change.
HOW AND WHERE TO PURCHASE MEDICAL MARIJUANA
Certified patients or their designated caregivers who are registered with the Medical Marijuana Program can purchase medical marijuana products from a registered organization's dispensing facility in New York State. Patients must bring their registry ID cards and their certifications to a registered organization's dispensing facility in order to purchase approved medical marijuana products. Designated caregivers obtaining medical marijuana on behalf of their patients must bring their caregiver registry identification cards and their patients' certifications to the dispensing facility.